This week, we have listed the top reasons for contracting:
- Variety – increase your current skills through diversity of exposure and experience – industry / technology / structures / cultures / companies / size / complexity. Enhance your CV.
- You can experience a company without having to make a long term commitment.
- Flexibility – work hours, holidays.
- Lifestyle – you can have blocks of time free for your own projects.
- Don’t allow yourself to become ‘too comfortable’ within the same organisation, in the same role. Branch out and meet new people, work in different, challenging environments. Keep your skills current.
- Increased exposure to training program benefits via your agency (Clicks!) as well as other Contractor Care Program Benefits.
- Financial – Contracting can be financially rewarding with good pay rates and some tax benefits.
- Be your own boss – take control of your own destiny, your career progression and growth.
- You can focus on the job without being involved with the politics.
- You can contract whilst you are looking for that next permanent job.
- Promote your name – see through one contract at a time and earn yourself an excellent reputation amongst a variety of clients so that you’re well-known throughout the industry.
Next week – top reasons to go permanent!